What’s up homies?
Are you: bored at work/drunk/lonely/worried about the global financial crisis? Who isn’t? But I bring you this. The best of the best. Websites you can while away the hours with. They won’t judge you, say you drink to much or demand you write a list of all the responsibilities your job entails. They be just for fun. And information. Here are my Favourite Things.
1. Enemies of Reason: Anton Vowl is a fucking genius. He even inscribed a copy of his book for me and made it about otters cos I asked him special-like because he’s That Awesome. Potshots at the media in the UK. Most especially, the Daily Mail. Enjoy
2. Ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere: Hilaire. If you work in the media, or even if you don’t and you’re bloody fed up with those people that post ridiculous, racist, sexist, idiotic bullshit comments on news websites, this is for you. You won’t regret it.
3. Hyperbole and a half: I love this lady. Her ability to turn what are quite frankly either funny or massively bullshit moments into drawings is legendary. On depression: Oh, are you going to the kitchen? Cool. Go fuck yourself.
4. The Hairpin: Ladies first is the catchphrase. Do you want advice from a Clean Person on how to do stuff? How to write a romance novel? A story about the Funniest Time I Accidentally Vomited on a Famous Person? Want to know how to Make Things? Advice from a bloke/girl/gay man? Just basically want to know things and laugh and appreciate? Here’s it. Best website ever. Why did I make it number 4? Who can say?
5. The Guardian Life and Style section. Read First Person, Experience, A Letter to…And most importantly Marina Hyde’s Lost in Showbiz blog. This is what I want to do with my actual life. Write for this. Instead I’m writing 25cm pic stories about the Races and the Ballet and shit. Such. Is. Life. In Western Australia. Awesome.
Go forth, love, laugh, waste some hours better spent than doing what you are paid to do. Thank me later. Serious.