Things that have made me happy today include (but are not limited to):
1. Discovering I have series 5 of The Wire on DVD and don’t have to wait 500million years to download it.
2. Putting on my newly-washed second skinniest pair of jeans and realising they hang off my arse like a pro. Seems the gastro/sadface diet is to be commended.
3. Finding a $20 note in said jeans.
4. Realised I stashed some panadol in the kitchen drawer ages ago because I am a fucking genius.
5. Had only to walk about 100m to the bottleshop to replenish the fridge because I bought a flat on the strip and I am a motherfucking genius.
In other news I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that you cannot clean a flat with only a dustbuster and I must purchase a vacuum cleaner. I’m sure the actual cleaner I am poised to hire once I get over my white person middle class guilt will be delighted.