1. Broken all the decent wine glasses in my house
2. Opened another three bank accounts
3. Been paid precisely nothing, although I have done some work
4. Been unable to master technology, software or having a Goddamn Clue
5. Had a sex/boyfriend dream about Henry Cavill during a day-nap. It was AMAZING. No really, it was The Best Thing Ever.
6. Realised being at home with the cat all day and her whining neediness means I do not want children
7. Started writing novels two and three, decided they are shit and tried to get the mojo to go back to novel one. None as yet.
8. Bought shitloads of books
9. Had disagreements / falling outs / probably severing of friendships/relationships with more people than I would have liked to. Streets work both ways (unless you are stuck in Fremantle). Quid Pro Quo people, Quid Pro Quo. I am stubborn, but don’t expect me to give a shit if you don’t in the first place. (this is not a thinly veiled comment, it is a generalisation applied to several people who don’t even read this so…there you go)
10. Learned the names of 10 kids I tutor at university. WIN
11. Maybe broke the building’s washing machine, have not cooked actual proper food in the last two weeks and may have not made my bed after washing the sheets but lay in it all tangled up with the cat as a pillow.
12. That I really, really need to get my act together. I’m gathering jobs like a mofo, but mostly ones which require lots of work with little reward. Wondered if I made the right decision. Realised my productivity comes in waves. Missing having deadlines and possibly structure. Enjoyed teaching, realised I may die alone in my flat with the cat eating my face. Accepted I need to stop spending money I don’t have. Have to actually do the things on my To Do list instead of reading Feist’s Daughter of the Empire (which is also Amazing).
Bleurgh. Ok, back to work. This media release ain’t going to figure out how InDesign works all by itself. I may also shout at the computer a bit and then watch 30 Rock. Remember me when I am trawling the streets, drinking meth and offering blowjobs for $30 because that totally could still happen.