So, when I meet new people and they ask me what I do for a living, I have given these various responses:
1. I am unemployed
2. I am self-employed
3. I am a freelance writer
4. I used to be a journalist and now I do ‘other’ things
5. I am independently wealthy
6. I run classes for people with grammar problems
7. I don’t know – Daddy pays for it (waves hand)
8. I could tell you but it would be less thrilling than what you do on the mines, surely.
9. I have a cat baby and it is lovely.
10. I’m hungry